My starting lineup for spring.....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stonedawg, Dec 28, 2005.

1. stonedawg

stonedawg LawnSite Member

16ft dbl axle trailer
    60in Country Clipper, 23HP kohler, Approx. 300hrs.
    Shindiawa 22T hompro trimmer
    Echo (handheld) blower

Am I kidding myself or is this a good start???

2. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

good enough as long as you can get through gates with these mowers

3. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I've got a 22T also, have had it for 5-7 years. It's never been serviced and I just do the regular changing of the spark plug and air filter and still starts up with 2-3 pulls. Great weedeater but I will be buying a T260 or T270 this spring for some more power and use the 22T as a back up.
    The blower is okay (if PB-200) but lacks some power and CFM's but gets the job done. I have the same one and will change that out for a Shin in the spring also, just not sure which one I want yet.
    Good Start!!! Might need a gate mower though.

4. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good to me. Starting off alot better than I did.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Focus on getting clients to fit your equipment...I would also look into a backpack blower if it fits in your budget...you'll know what I mean when you have to blow wet spring grass off of a 50x30 driveway

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Might want to hold off on that blower purchase for a little while. Saw somewhere in a magazine that Shinny will be introducing like 2 new handheld blowers sometime in 06.

7. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Might want to hold off on that blower purchase for a little while. Saw somewhere in a magazine that Shinny will be introducing like 2 new handheld blowers sometime in 06.

Thanks will keep my eyes open!!

8. jake65

jake65 LawnSite Member

what if you don't have equipment yet? Do I buy my equipment to fit my customers when I get them? I was going to advertise this winter\spring and depending on the outcome, I will purchase the equipment to suit the needs of the lawns aquired. I am more concerned with the decision between ztr or wb.

Jake