My store flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

What'dya think? If I had to critique it myself, I'd say there might be a little too much info on there, but I decided to leave it.

Attached Files:

2. Expert Lawns

what kind of turnout do you guys get from these pull tab store flyers? i've heard stories of price shoppers, but what about the good calls?

3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like it. It is a lot of info for pull-tab type flyer though. The bullets helps make a lot of info look easier to read.

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

The bullets look good, but you may have to much writing overall.

5. Expert Lawns

Thats what I was afraid of guys. Usually people at grocery stores just pass by, see the words "lawn care" and pull a tab off. Most probably dont' call, forget, or lose the tiny tab. I wish there was a way for them to take more info along with them, but those would be some big arse tabs.

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I like it, I would think about dropping the part about being a college student. That makes me think of the neighbor kid mowing some grass for spending money. What I mean by that is, it doesn't sound like a person that devotes their life to lawn care.

Also, I would drop the fully insured. It sounds nice, but I will guarantee you that you are not fully insured.

7. Expert Lawns

I put college student in there because some people are understanding about lawn care being solely summer work here. They know what it's like to put yourself through college. I thought about leaving it out because of the reason you mentioned. Had to go one way or the other. As for being fully insured, I have enough insurance to cover anything. Even if I blew up 3 houses on the street, it would be covered. So in short, I just put Fully Insured. I obviously have proof if they need it. thanks for the comments guys

8. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

I actually did a little testing on this i had a flyer similar to yours, that included all my accolades, that i put in a few stores, and then i had my sister-in-law make me one
    (wife told me she was good at it)...it was a clipart guy on a mower, company name, and phone number...but on yellow paper

guess which one worked better...(i know because i always ask "how did you hear about us?) ...the yellow one...

9. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, in general.
    A few ideas I had which may help

Think about making your name bigger, so it is seen first.
    You could put the picture you are using as a sort of background, which frees up a lot of room to make your company name stand out.

Just a thought. I do agree with the colored paper, although you have to watch how your picture comes out on it, or actually cut and paste it onto the flyer.

I made some of mine this year on bright green paper stock for the same reason Timinkc mentioned.

Good luck with it!

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Expert Lawns,

Your flyer looks good. Just a suggestion, could you put more tabs on there? Maybe have them on 3 sides? That would allow it to be up longer without having to replace it.