1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bonddude, Dec 30, 2007.

1. bonddude

bonddude LawnSite Member

I started a few years ago (about 13 then) used to have 2 lawns I mowed for about 10 bucks a chop. Now I mow my 2 neighbors and my parents. This year I plan to buy a real wb mower right now I am using either my dads hydro 42'' wb or my moms 21'' self propelled craftsman that doesn't even propel it own self. So my friend and I might start working together to make some extra cash for a jet ski and stuff. Any suggestions or comments would be great.
  2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its great that you are thinking about expanding at a young age,i mean you could be playing xbox and free loading off your parents or even worse hanging on the corners doing nothing. My only suggestion is that you be on the up & up and be honest and fair and the benefits will come,don't fall into the poor work,not dependable,high priced,not professional who cares just pay me catergory and you will do just fine!!
  3. bonddude

bonddude LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice i'll be sure to keep that in mind.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds good, don't lowball, act professional, and provide a good service. What kind of jetski? Sea-doo all the way for me!
  5. bonddude

bonddude LawnSite Member

Not to get off topic but I would be gettting a Stand up Jet Ski possibly a Kawasaki or a Yamaha but I won't be worrying about that until summer. My lake just started to freeze over.
  6. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

all i have to say is be careful working with friends all of my experiences with friends have been bad.....one in perticular that thought he deserved 50% of the company that i pay the bills for and he doesnt even own a truck or have any I.D. (no liscense and to lazy to get an id card) lol i laughed and he got mad at me = D