My stuff

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, May 10, 2008.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I thought I would share some pics of my equipment and the odd-ball jobs that my guys and I do.

First off My 04 Ditch Witch MX35 (Komatsu PC35)with 4ft ditching bucket.

Second is a "Selective" sod removal re-grading project. Lawncare company smoked the old turf with a new crap grass killer. So we/I get to repair it.

Third is my Hoe loading one of my trucks. 01 F350 4x4 V10

Forth is my crew Blowing on Straw last week. Truck is a 05 frontier 4x4, Blower is a Wic. In the back ground is my tractor 07 Deere 4520 with Landpride crimper.

I don't take to many pics, but lately I have been real photograpic so expect more pics soon.

J.

Ditch witch.JPG

applewood.JPG

Loading.JPG

Straw Blowing 2.JPG

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

It looks to be way to dry for Iowa,compared to here in southwest Iowa this spring.Are those this spring pictures????

Looks good! thanks for sharing.Raining here tonight as i post :rolleyes::usflag:

3. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Nope. All pics this spring. Excavating pics today and straw blowing last tuesday. Its been wet, and slow. Kinda reminds me of (Dare I say it) 93'. Rains, gets us behind, drys out for a day or to, we work as hard and as much we can. then it rains again.

Its going to be an interesting year.

J.

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

what do you think of that Ditch Witch mini? any good/ bad problems with them?

Nice Pictures by the way!

5. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

I love it. Plenty of power, Fairly comfortable to be in (for awhile). It handles my 36" dirt bucket well. Seems quick. This machine is a (IMO) a rare machine Ditch Witch with a cab. The only others around me that have these (ditch witch) are boring/utility companys that use them for pot-holeing undergroung utilities and as far as I know they work well for them.

Ditch Witch excavators are just Komatsu machines painted red/brown. If that info helps.

Thanks for the comments

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The local rental yard has a Komatsu PC 35 extended boom that I used too rent before I purchased my Kubota.
    It was one of my Favorite machines .Wonderful controls and good power.

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. How do you like your straw blower?

8. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Blower seems to do well as long as the belts stay tight.

J.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

We rented a blower a couple times, it would lay the hay out good but no matter how we feed it it would clog. It has been harder and harder to get small bales here, this year we are going to try the hydroseed/hydromulch way.

10. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

This blower I have, Gave me a few fits due to belt tension. But I think i have that problem solved. I also try to keep the blower hose as straight as I can (in the first 5ft out of the blower) I think thats where you get the most build up of packed straw/clumps.

I also Hydro seed and and lay down Grass Mattes. I have tried to steer away from my Hydro-seeding Just due to its poor performance in my customers eyes. Mostly due to thier non-maintance program.

My Straw blowing is a cheep option for our larger seeding areas that require some sort of ground coverage.

I have had my best luck with my grass mattes. I have laid down over 300,000 sqft of them in the last year and had wonderful results. They don't require constant attention like other seeding options and hold moisture in to help in seed germination. We even laid down 40,000 sqft on Nov 30/07, Finished up at 10.30 Pm. It snowed for the first time the next day, Never quit snowing for 4 months. We went in in the early spring and did a bit of Matte repair (Had some blow off and roll up over the winter) Did some spot over seeding. Its now being mowed.

I will post pics of this job in the future.
    J.