1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Tanaka TBC 230 review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TierOneLawnCare, Sep 3, 2006.

1. TierOneLawnCare

TierOneLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Tanaka TBC 230 String trimmer replaceing my ryobi SS30 trimmer.....BTW I also purchased some Tanaka 16oz oil, man that stuff is great, and comes in a neat easy to use bottle as well, My first use of the Tanaka trimmer seemed great, however I am not used to a few things, First its weight is awesome, this thing is like feather light compared to the Ryobi, One other thing I noticed is my ryobi when at full throttle seems to scream, as if its running 1,000,000 RPM's and it was loud, I beleive the Tanaka does lack alittle in the power dept (keep in mind the series I purchased) compared to the Ryobi, but I dont mind due to the Eng is much quiter, and much lighter, this thing so far is extremly easy to start (as long as you dont forget to put it in the "start" mode :) ) I cant really give a review on quality yet, but I know its better built then the Ryobi I had. So if your looking for a Light, Avg power, LOW priced trimmer, THIS IS FOR YOU!! I love this thing, I would choose it over the green machine I used to have also.....

Any questions please feel free to ask
  2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Not much point comparing it to a Ryobi or Green Machine. Neither is commercial grade...
  3. TierOneLawnCare

Since when is Green Machine not commercial?
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah really...

I guess maybe if you've never owned one and not been around this business a long time????

I liked my mean green machines... haven't seen one in a long time though...
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

No offense but this "review" is totally useless!

Comparing a commercial duty trimmer to a Ryobi is a joke and Green Machine hasn't been around for a long time.
  6. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Ryobi and weedeater are totally NOT even near commercial quality.
    Green machine which is now basically RedMax totally is and was.

Lets all do our homework!

:) Erich
  7. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Wow we agree on something.
  8. TierOneLawnCare

Well, considering I have never owned a Commercial Trimmer (other than the Green Machine) I had nothing to compare it to!! So sorry if this Review was completly useless.....Ryobi is the only thing I had to compare it to!!!! SO SORRY!! This is still a great trimmer! So the rest of you (this post is dumb) says can go pound sand!!
  9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Ahh, I did not realize what Green Machine was. I thought he was talking about one of the Weedeater products. I thought they call some of their stuff green machine too???