my taxes are giving me the blues.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joel29m, Jan 30, 2010.

1. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

i keyed in all my info and it tells me that i owe 1800.00 dollars in federal? this is my first year and i claimed all my assets and receipts but i dont understand why do i owe so much?

2. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Haha not to put a damper on your problems but I wish I owed that little.

3. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

yea we pay towards federal and state taxes every month or else come end of the year im in trouble lol.

4. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

i hear what your saying there!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

5. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I come to realize that paying taxes is a part of life. I'd rather owe 1 million in taxes than $1000, because it means I'm making a lot more money. I owe far more than $1800 this year, no complaints from me.

6. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah if you owe $1800, congratulations you turned a profit. If you don't want to pay this year, try expensing your equipment instead of depreciating it if you haven't already.

7. joel29m

I got it straight. They owed me about 200 dollars, I keyed some stuff in there twice, but next year I will owe.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. joel29m

this is what happened, i have a fulltime day job that took taxes out to cover my federal and state. when i keyed in my info for my business, i keyed in my assets for depreciation and it was also included in the receipts i keyed in, so it said i made -gross sales of 1800. but figuered it out and they owed me 214.00 in fed and 300. in state.

9. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

i will trade your amounts with mine. o come on please trade.:cry::cry:

10. joel29m

ha ha..... im guessing you made good profits, thats damn good, and uncle sam's saying the same and you know why......lol