My thread is gone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I started a thread saying that I have some equipment that I would like to sell.

Does this qualify as advertising on here and was thus removed. My theory is that advertising means that a Gravely should not come on and say he is having a sale at his store or that the Ex-Mark dealer should not come on promoting his product.

I am using this as a way to network and give my fellow professionals first crack at so extra use equipment I have.

If this falls under the advertising banner then I apologize, but the worth of this site has dropped in my opinion.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. Precision

my mistake, but then why wasn't it simply moved like the other threads that I see that are "relocated to appripriate forums"

Just my .02
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I did not read the thread, so I don't know. If it wasn't set up to the proper format as described in the marketplace, it probably wasn't relocated.
  5. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Like Jodi said. Follow the rules and there will be no problems. I moved the thread to our moderator forum. Read the equipment forum rules and post there.

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

"the worth of this site has dropped....."

I love when people say this....they make a mistake and it is our fault, and on top of it, the value of the site has decreased....member since February.....that was a quick decline I guess.
  7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I still think this site is great. The site is great, but some of the people that have chosen to voice their direspectful and unprofessional opinion are worthless. This site is worth more than I could ever purchase. Free advice from professionals, how much better can that get?
  8. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

44" Z100..........$5300
    Stihl BR420.......$400
    Stihl FS80.........$340
    Regular gas......$2.00/gallon
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Since I have made many mistakes while here I guess this site is TOTALLY worthless at this point for me............:rolleyes:
  10. Precision

when people get a thicker skin and learn to read, communicaton will get better. myself included

I said if Let me emphasize that ***IF*** this falls under the advertising banner... It did not so MY ***IF*** didn't happen.

I quickly said I made a mistake. An honest one. I have to scroll for quite a while to find the for sale forum.

For those of you who moderate or own this, try to understand that not all of us where at the planning meeting and don't completely know our way around the site.

I missed the correct forum.

A simple PM saying hey bozo we have a forum for that would have worked and we never would have had this.