My tolerance now = 0... as in ZERO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, May 30, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Guys I tell ya... May has been a month for me... one that has tested me good. And at this point I am in such a position that I don't know if I'm passing or failing . WHEW!!!

April was really trying for me and May has been worse. I sharpened the AXE and really went to chopping away at stuff that was getting under my skin. Some things got the axe, some got the hatchet, some things got changed and some things got re-arranged.

It was so bad last week that I planned for a 4 day weekend off, and rose from my sleep this morning to a problem first thing before I could even get both my eyes open. So I went for the chainsaw before breakfast and turned my 4 day weekend into 5...

Tomorrow is the last day of May and I'm not sure it's safe for me to even get out of bed. Maybe I should make it 6 and start fresh in June.... It's so bad I can't help but laugh in disgust... and that's bad.

I have about had it up to my ears with people... and it seems I know the physcology so well at this point that I find myself wanting to stop people in the middle of their BS and just say "no... please allow me to tell you what is really the deal here" as it would seem I am almost NEVER wrong anymore...

I've had it with people's BS and I just had to vent...

Oh... and PS... I guess I need to get some more accounts before I go broke.
    But that means dealing with more people right?
    :dizzy: GREAT! :dizzy:

2. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

ur krazyzzzz

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Glad I'm not the only one that's had one of those months this May. It's been one damn thing after another for me. I askeered of tomorrow. maybe I should tell the guys to take the day off and call all the customers and tell them due to the rain we won't be there until Thursday...

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Lexapro, prozac, paxil, celexa, zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, cymbalta, elavil, remeron, plus many more. TAKE YOUR PICK!!!! :drinkup:

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

May has been a very rainy, busy, profitable, problematic, hectic, pain in my rear end too. I am so excited tomorrow is the last day of the month too. We were deluged with rain for 9 or 10 days in 16 days. This got me backed big time. I am finally caught up tomorrow and will have a clean slate for June.

My gross for May 05 was $4600+/- and gross for May 06 is almost $24K, over 500% gross from last May.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I used to let the customers get to me too. Now I've realized that, at least in lawncare terms, most customers are ********. So I just keep it simple with them and try to smile and make them feel like they are right. :laugh:

Also available OTC are the Bud, Miller, Jack Daniels, etc. :drinkup:

7. Envy Lawn Service

LOL... :D

Ok... so maybe I a lilbit krazyzzz main...

Or maybe I jus havine a bad freakin day or sonthing...

[​IMG]

LOL!

8. Envy Lawn Service

Oh... I'm already out of Bud Light....:drinkup:

9. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

let me guess alot of rain,now some heat, and holy#$#$ the grass is really growing whats wrong with your mower or you crew(thats what i feel like they are tring to say) and i say "its just that f$$$$$$ time of the year. yeah in the begining when contracts were being signed you wanted every 10 days and i recommened against it call back a few weeks later ok every 7 days signed them he calls me again 4 days later (whats going on) and i told him its that time of the year(what the f$$$ you want me to about it,put a f$$$$$$ force field around your f$$$$$$ house, no can do charlie brown) guess what,next two weeks im mowing twice a week, works for me! These morons sometimes. this same guy wants my mower lower and lower every time my w.b. wont go lower than 2" and thats whats it at and so is my rider, it will go lower but ill screw his lawn up and keep telling him that, finally 2x a week for now like it should be..................................Right Topsight;>

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL I hear you, I like to go uh-hummmm and shake my head up and down slowly and saying 'ok' a lot helps, too.

Last 2 years were like this for me with the bs, this year has been better so far, the only thing has me going is this drought, we haven't had rain in a month, AGAIN !!! It has been like this off and on the entire spring, I have to put off grass-cutting or I will turn them brown and once a lawn turns brown, I am done... I hate brown grass because then it doesn't grow and it takes forever to turn green again, that's if it does come back instead of dieing completely off. And the temps are rising and Jul-Aug is right around the corner so what dies now will be hard pressed to come back, I don't see much change in the weather unfortunately, not until maybe september or even next year.

ahhhh sigh, it will be ok.
    The good news is this will thin out the herd, I just hate how hard it is on those of us who make it through.
    I recommend save your winter money asap, really, save money period, it will help.