My Toro's Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pottstim, Mar 23, 2004.

1. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a shot I took of the stripes my Toro made after cutting one of my accounts. My friend was kind enough to lend me her digital camera to take the picture. Any comments you guys can make would be appreciated. I am using highlift blades with no striping kit, and I also change my mowing pattern each week. By the way, this is a tall fescue lawn.

2. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my toro. Many of you have probably already seen this picture.

camera picture 2.jpg
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You need a Proslide or a roller.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Here is my toro with a striping roller
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

How well does that belt drive pull the sulky?? I'm looking at a belt drive Exmark and was wondering if it could handle a sulky on my flatter lawns.
  6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

NCSULander: hey I have a toro as well and my dealer tells me you can't order a roller for the deck. He told me I need to purchase a rubber style kit that toro sells? Where did you get your from?
  7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Where in NW IA are you from?
  8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Still waiting for the grass to grow more up here. SLOWLY but surely is getting a little higher. :cry:

9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

as soon as i saw the pic my mind said velke. loose that. get a pro slide or a 2 wheeler that the tires are in the same spot. do some measuring first. other than that its a nice cut.
  10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with rv....A velky doesnt do much for stipes. Matt (NCSU)has a great setup, and lays down some nice stripes. I know he made his own, an did an awsome job. Have him send you the pics, an make one the same as his...He did it fairly cheap as well if I am not mistaken...

Get rid of the velky though.....You can sell it on ebay, an turn around an buy a 2 wheeler on ebay for the same price...Or you could look into a pro-slide. I dont personally like them, cause I dont like having to jump off all the time on sidewalks, an driveways, while I am striping... Once i am on the sulky, I dont wanna get off till I am done...