My Tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Darryl G, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a photo of my 1998 JD 855 with the 5 ft brush mower and loader on. The No. 7 backhoe for it is under the tarp on the right side of the photo. So far, the only problem with it was a sheared steering nuckle. The rear tires are loaded with calcium chloride at 90%. She's still a baby, only 260 hours.

tractor with mower reduced.jpg

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup, darryl !!!

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm jealous!

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Here is my snow removal setup:
    1. Heated via extra radiator and ductwork
    2. AM-FM - CD - 4 speaker with woofer:
    3. Floodlights
    4. Windshield Wiper:
    5. Strobe on top
    6. Rearview Mirrors inside and out:
    7. Discharge Chute is raised and lowered with a toggle switch which runs an electric window motor (rebuilt the hinge point and welded the gearing on it)
    8. Cup holder.
    Hydrolics turn the chute assembly and raise and lower the blower

The tarp is there to keep snow off the aligator clips that are connected to the battery posts for power to the electric motor on the discharge chute[​IMG]

jd 455 - snow blower-words.jpg

5. Darryl G

Flex Deck - I can't say it's pretty, but nice set-up. I have all that too on one of my rigs...plow truck.:D

Bob - Didn't mean to make you jealous, but it gets worse. I bought the tractor/loader/hoe combo when it was 1.5 yrs old and 140 hours on it for $17,500. Retail at that time was $26,000. I added the mower. The tractor didn't have a scratch on it and the guy kept it garaged and washed it every time he used it.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Here is my new 9 1/2 foot mower - 114" - left side of mower is the Flex-Deck, and Right side is an additional 38" JD deck which will have its own engine - 17HP Kawi (Left and right are when you sit in the seat) - Will put on 9" pneumatic wheels on the 38 and it will pivot lateral as well as fore-aft - it attaches to the main deck with a 1 7/8" ball and reciever trailer hitch, and the front pivot is two ball and reciever trailer hitch deals.[​IMG]

wide deck-ft. view- words.jpg

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

darryl, what hp is that tractor? awesome setup. flexdeck that is an awesome setup there, is that the same tractor in both pics? if so how hard is it to remove cab etc?

8. Darryl G

stslawncare - Thanks. It's a 4 cylinder 24 HP Yanmar, diesel of course. Smooth as silk! It's a little light on the PTO HP, only 19.5 I think. I wanted a 955 which is 30 HP, but couldn't find a good 4 WD one used.

Flex Deck - Now that'll cut some grass!

9. lblair

lblair LawnSite Member

Here's my TC21D with loader and bush hog. She's still a baby at just under 300 hours. Ive got a tiller, mmm and post hole digger she uses now and then.
    Larry

image18.jpg

10. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

my little tractor

805.jpg