My Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 8, 2014.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Need advice for inside paint and floor coating. It's 3/4 treated but I want more protection against rot.

image.jpg

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Man that looks like the storage shed at at local dealer?:dizzy: and why mess with sealing the deck? It will wear out and need to be replaced and painting it won't help.

3. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice glad to see some post from you again! More pics and updates all around! What kind of trimmer racks on vertical handhelds?

4. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I've never pained a trailer floor, but have had good luck with Tremclad rust paint, its a thick paint that is oil based, its cheap and you can get it about anywhere, you could also try a marine grade varnish with a traction additive, nothing lasts as long as marine paint, its expensive though, I think either way you would have the sand it down first, I recommend a 40 grit paper, shouldn't take long and will leave you with a rough surface for the paint to adhere to, that's all I got.

5. K-OS

K-OS LawnSite Member

Won't need to paint anything if you keep those trimmers level! Gas must leak like crazy with them like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AMD

AMD LawnSite Member

Why so many edgers and trimmers?

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hmm got my mind turning now! Ive heard of the tremclad paint. I'm gonna have it belt sanded to prep the wood, and a good oil based paint is what I'm after. That's as far as I've gotten so far.

Gas leaking out has never been an issue on these 4mix stihl.

8. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I would avoid a belt sander, I just did my deck with a orbital and 40 grit, makes quick work of sanding. Keep us posted on how it goes, I used Tremclad on the outside of my leaf trailer.

9. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

For the floor, you need to look at Pittsburgh Paints Revitalize deck paint (video here), from Menard's. No need to sand. No worries about oil stains. The stuff sticks, has texture, fills damaged areas, and works. Mine is a year old and the only place it's taking a beating is under my ZTR's drive tires. I've had gas and chemical spills, with no negative effects. I've had multiple loads of landscape blocks, lumber, fencing, etc on the thing. It still looks great.

For the walls, oil base, exterior primer and paint. You need exterior products, to withstand temperature and moisture. Trust me, on that. I'd do two coats of primer, tinted to your finish color. Then, two coats of topcoat. I always recommend Sherwin-Williams, as there is a difference in paints. I paint, part-time, for a painting contractor.

My junk, when it was new.
    [​IMG]

Getting used.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

That's one nice enclosed trailer you got there