My Truck - Bed Slide

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Jan 29, 2011.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You got me beat Jim, I only have about 20 of them.... 6 or 7 for nozzles, 2 for small drip parts, 1 for Netafim fittings, 2 for fasteners and anchors, 6 or 7 for lighting parts and bulbs 3 for diaphragms, springs, screws, solenoids and other valve parts, etc...

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice slide, Jim. Sweet and organized. Very nice.

3. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

Damn Jim. You are getting your money's worth out of that truck!

Funny how the guys that are bawler's DON'T drive 65k Ford F-250s.

4. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

F350 Texas King Ranch edition... :)

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, that's for sure. I had another one that looked exactly like it. Just a few years older. I ran that one all the way up to 200K and loved it the whole time. Then the engine starting having problems so I sold it and bought one just like it, just with less miles. I'll do the same to this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the big bad ass truck. I just won't get one until I can afford to pay cash for it. I own all of my vehicles. My truck, my wife's SUV, and all of my fleet trucks (10). If I can't pay cash for it, I won't buy it. It's kinda nice in the middle of the winter or if business gets slow for some reason, I don't have any payments to make. But I do plan to upgrade to a little newer truck this year or next. Whenever I can afford it. No rush, though. I'm really happy with that one.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

:rolleyes: Funny, I was thinking anyone who doesn't drive an H1 Hummer is a hack.

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

They're bawlers because the don't have the $1K a month payment on a fancy truck. I've never had a problem dropping coin on expensive trucks for the fleet (mostly cab overs and big trucks).... because they make me money. Cartin' my ass around in a $60K truck does nothing for the bottom line.... maybe my ego but that's about it. For a long time my ride was a Reg Cab short bed base model Tacoma with a 5 speed!

8. juststartin

Afford one? Come on Jim! Just admit you are a smart business man and won't blow 20k in depreciation in 24hrs after driving a new truck off a lot.

Your a cheapass(compliment) because you know how hard it is to earn a net profit.

9. juststartin

Your right. I try to think in total terms. I mean how long does it does take to get a ROI on a 60k truck that basically just hauls one's personal FA around. I sure as hell am not working 3-6 months just to pay for some cowboy cadillac!

10. juststartin

Do they make slide outs for prius's? Not that you have one... being the liberalfuckhyprocrite you are.