My Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Travis E, Aug 10, 2008.

1. newdude

newdude LawnSite Member

oooo... nice truck!! Very shiny...

2. Need_Advice

Need_Advice LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Looking Good
    I love my silverado, but am jealous of yours haha

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

dang i wish my bed looked like that

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck!

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

nice truck, what kind of gas mileage do you get, i noticed its a 4x4

6. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

my average for the last few months has been 12 mpg that includes pulling the trailer and without the trailer also. If i'm going down the highway with no trailer with the cruise set then it shows that i'm getting 18-20.

7. Travis E

I figured I'd bring this thread back up from almost 2.5 years ago. Business has grown a lot since when I posted those pictures. That truck eventually got fully lettered but removed the lettering spring of '10 and sold the truck to my father in July of '10. I replaced it with a '08 F250, it has the 5.4 gas motor. Lests just say mpg isn't anythig to brag about. This truck was CLEAN with only 28k miles on it when i purchased it. It now has close to 39k miles. Has a Boss plow hanging off the front and hide a way strobes in the lights.

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, What made you go with the 5.4? Im sure it feels like a dog compared to the 1500 with the 5.3. Great looking truck regardless and I hope that 1500 is still clean like it was. That was a showroom truck!!

9. Travis E

I went with the 5.4 because the truck was in perfect condition, all the diesels i were looking at were rough and were in the $40k plus range. The chevy was still clean for the most part. There was a dent in the tailgate and one on the drive door. Only the tailgate was from me. I think it now has about 60k miles, the tranny has slipped a few handfull of times but nothign too major. I know it was hard on that truck pulling the dump trailer with 10 yards of mulch in it :weightlifter:

10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

:dizzy::hammerhead: