1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Trucks equipment and work pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Copacabana, Feb 4, 2012.

1. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I have that hedge trimmer. Its the bees knees. But it sure does get heavy after swinging it all day.

2. Copacabana

Copacabana LawnSite Member

How long you have yours and how do you like it?

3. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had it for about a year and a half. I took it out to trim roads at the hunt club and it did fantastic! It can cut through limbs like an inch or so. But it does like the fuel though. Great hedge trimmer in my opinion.

4. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking how much and what type of advertising you do now?? Im betting you get alot word of mouth. Do you ever do any door hangers or postcards?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Copacabana

No, 100% of our work comes from referrals, trucks, website and yard signs (real estate style). I always ask our clients to refer us to their friends and family and they actually do. I do 1,000 postcards a year and they all go out for aeration season (I love the money in aeration and seeding).

6. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

You may have answered this somewhere, so forgive me but is your shop at your house? Thats what it appears to be from the pics.

7. Copacabana

Yes it is. I want to stay in my house for as long as I can. I'm extremely organized and aware of noises for my neighbors. I made a 120ft x 40ft private gravel area for the business with 6ft privacy fence around.

8. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Ah, interesting. I'm facing the same dilemma. My trucks aren't as big as yours though. I too stay very organized and keep noise to a minimum. I've had thoughts of just expanding my garage out and back. Making it three care and deep enough to be able to back truck and trailer right in. This is my wife & I first home (I'm 25) and I don't know what having a large garage would do for re-sale value though. Anyhow, i like the gravel and the privacy fence.

9. landscaper2009

landscaper2009 LawnSite Member

Class act very professional looking set-up. Much respect for you and the way you run your outfit. I am allways looking for ways to improve.Thumbs Up

10. Copacabana

I say you should look into making the garage bigger, I had a 60'x40' with two 10'x10' doors built in my 2nd home (in the country) 3 years ago. In the 2008 horrible market, I was able to sell it in two weeks because of the garage. My experience is that big garages will sell your home for you. Good luck:)