1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Trucks equipment and work pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Copacabana, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Copacabana

Copacabana LawnSite Member

Never mind. I didn't see your business name on your signature. Maybe you'll start seeing my trucks around now that you know we exist haha.

2. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea Im sure I will now lol. Usually anytime I actually notice another company's truck I see them all the time. Best of luck this year to ya guys and hopefully I'll see yalls work and trucks on the road!

3. CM's

CM's LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

How do you like the dovetail gate with the roll down door on your box truck? Mine are all the hydraulic gates, and I have been considering the dovetail style.

4. Copacabana

Thank you! Hope you have a great year!

5. Copacabana

No complaints at all! I like having the extra space that the dovetail provides you. I also like the option of having the door open for the really hot months, it can get pretty hot in that box! Do you have a picture of yours I can see? You can post it here if you like. Thanks for looking!

6. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Love your set-up, everything looks so clean and professional. I am also in VA just outside a town called Franklin and about 20 min. from suffolk, about 2 hrs away from you. I have been to Mechanicsville a few times to buy equipment. If i can ask a few questions, why a dump trailer if the Isuzu is a dump,[ thinking most people buy a dump trailer so they wont have to buy a truck } how many years in business, and how many employees. And thanks for posting the pictures.

7. Copacabana

Thanks for the complement!

I bought the dump trailer for a number of reasons.

1- I sold my toro dingo 322 to buy a toro dingo 525 or a Kubota or JD tractor, so I wanted something that had ramps to load a tractor into.
    2- At the same time, mulching makes up a big percentage of my business. I can haul a lot of mulch in my 16ft dump truck (Isuzu), but I still have a lot of power when fully loaded. This year I will be loading both of them at once (30-40 yards total).

We incorporated in 07, so I count that as my start date. I currently have 3 full timers, but we go up to 8-10 guys from March 1st to June 1st and September 1st to November 15th, because of mulching, aeration and mowing.

Hope I answered your questions! Thanks for looking!

8. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

I notice you had a gravely compact 34" ztr, how do you like it? Is the maintenaces less than a walk behind?

9. Copacabana

I bought it new in 2010 and have not made any major repairs on it yet. I had to fix the gas hose that goes inside the left gas tank. I also just added 2 new 20x10x10 on it, which is a must do upgrade from their horrible 19x7x10. Other than that, I love the little machine.

10. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

love the pics sweet truck dude:cool2: