My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what are you about 25 feet long with the plow and blower sticking out of the trailer hitch?

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I would say closer to 30! That is long! But pics look great, you got all the right tools to get the job done!

3. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

With all that loaded up how do you spread salt? is that on the other truck? Very nice set up. Do you take someone with to run the wheeler and the blower or just a single person op.?

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yea, its a great truck. I would have went with a reg cab d-max, but i use the reg cab for residential and the new diesels need highway driving to clean out the dpf.

Well, the truck itself is 22 feet long. The plow i guess would be another 5 feet? plus the tailgate is down which is another 2 feet, pluss the snowblower mounting bracket is out another 3 or so feet from the tailgate? I would say around 32-33 feet?

Thanks! Yea, its great to have all the tools you need to get the job done!

I never use all the same tools on one single account. Meaning the blower never gets used on the atv accounts, nor does the atv get used on the blower accounts. My main goal is to clear all the accounts of snow first, then go back and salt (on the large accounts). The 3 very large accounts are within 3 or 4 blocks of eachother so i ride the quad to them (so i bring a shovel to clean up a bit and no spreader/salt). The other 4 smaller accounts i use the blower on and salt those as each one is completed. Its a pain to load and unload the quad on the pickup. It takes me about 15 minutes to load everything correctly before i head home.

Oh, and this is my own single operation.

Any other questions... just ask...

5. deere615

yeah I know what you mean about loading the atv, mine is tough too. I use 2 ramps on each side and drive it straigh on

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

going up and down is the easy part lol. I have to take the plow off before it goes up and down, take the snowblower off before the atv goes up/down, strap everything down, load the spreader/salt, wrap the atv cab in a mesh tarp on the bottum so the sides dont unzipper on the highway. I only do this once before the snow, and once on the way home, so its not THAT bad.
    I thought about using the dump trailer, but moving around with a 12ft trailer and a long truck with a plow hanging off the front in the snow won't work to well lol

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad there isnt a spot near by where you could built a little ramp and leave it during the winter so you could just drive up back up to it and drive the quad off.

8. deere615

yeah thats y I would use 2 ramps-no taking plow off

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Well no pics of the reg cab..Where is it?

10. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

y do you have to take the plow off to get the atv out of the truck