My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You use 2 seperate ramps? Thats dangerous as hell to use in the snow! Mine is a tri-fold thats as wide as the truck - a few inches.

Which one? THe blue one? That one doesnt get used for snow. I don't trust my bros with a brand new truck lol I like using the green truck cuz its a beater. I don't beat any of my trucks, but with that one, if i get a scratch, i wont go crazy lol

Because its a steep incline. The truck is high up, and the plow just makes the quad longer.

2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

So why exactly do you have 3 trucks, 2 are brand new and a nice car and only really use 2 for work and already have the red chevy for personal? Doesn't make sense to me, but you know your own situation not me.....just asking to understand somewhat.

I don't see why you'd have a new truck you're making payments on sitting all winter.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I the first set of ramps have straps that go from the ramp to the hitch. The the second set locks into the rungs of the first. Its actually safer because its not steep

4. Petr51488

from NJ

Everything is paid for except the red truck, so no payments. The green truck was my main mowing rig truck. I needed a 2500 for the mowing route so i bought the blue 2500 to replace the green 1500. I got a great deal on it, so everything fell into place. I put alot of money into the green truck and won't sell it. Its pretty much my "beater" now. Almost everything has been replaced in it. The red diesel is a truck i've allways wanted. Diesel power, crew cab and a full size bed. I pretty much use it on my long trips either with or without the dump. Pretty much any towing long distances i use the diesel. Its fully loaded so its comfortable to drive everyday and is very fuel efficient but also expensive. $ doesnt matter... as long as the truck does its job. I'm very satisfied with it. The blue 2500 gets literally half the mpg the diesel gets, but is still a great truck. I need 2 trucks, one being a backup. I'm at the point in my business where 1 truck absolutely will not work.

Sorry, i was thinking two seperate ramps like two boards. I know what your saying now.. I thought about it, but never really acted apon it.

5. deere615

Thats the point I think I may be reaching

6. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

Petr51488 how many crews do you have working for you?

7. Petr51488

from NJ

Just myself. My brother, i guess you can call an employee. He does the firewood, helps me with the mowing, leaf cleanup and snow.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. Petr51488

from NJ

I had nothing to do so i decided to paint the inside of my dump at my dads shop. Took me about 6 hours to prep, sand, and primer one day and another 3 hours or so to shoot the black on there. I used primer, then black epoxy on top of that. I'll have pictures of the final product tomorrow when i take some pics. It looks brand new on the inside again. Sure took a beating over the months!

dump1.JPG

dump2.JPG

dump 3.JPG

dump 4.JPG

9. deere615

that looks great I gotta do that to mine I just brought

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

it must not get used and abused that much, I still see some paint on that floor:laugh: Job looks good bud!