My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You dont have to tarp you loads of dirt up there?

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

whats the soil for?

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Nope, their actually 6k axles with 8 lugs. I thought they were 7k but i was wrong. I'm sure it could have taken more, but it squatted a bit.

I'm sure you do, but i was driving locally and dirt doesnt fly our like grass or leaves do.

It was for a small (i guess) grading job. I spread 6 yards today and am going back either saturday or monday for another 3 yards.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I was just curious, they are strict on having a load of any sort(dirt, leaves, brush, etc) covered..

5. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

How did the D-Max handle the loaded trailer?

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Are you serious? I bet he could hardly tell it was back there.

PETR51488 I just did a little grading job 2 weeks ago by hand over 20yrds that was a fun one! Post some of the job once your done.

7. Petr51488

from NJ

Perfectly. It was a lot of weight in the back, but it really was no problem.

Haha, it handled it fine, but you know when theres 12k behind you. Braking was excellent, and take off was excellent. 10x better then a gas job though. As for the grade job, 20 yards is alot lol. I don't think i'll take pics because the customer is there when we do it. I don't really like to take pictures when the customer is there.

8. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

More like 16,000 to 16,500 depending on how much the trailer weighs empty. Just curious why you did your side boards with gaps? Doesn't stuff fall out the cracks?

9. Petr51488

from NJ

You really think there was 16k including the trailer? Could be, i have no idea. The trailer itself weighs around 3k empty. I made it with gaps for a few reasons. I think it looks a little better then solid wood all the way up. I keep grass in the trailer over the summer so i guess thatll help with the wood from rotting and lets it breath a little even though its pressure treated. Mainly because it looks better and was cheaper lol For the fall i put up plywood between the 2x4's when the loader is hooked up. And for the dirt, not as much came out as you would think.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice, in ct you wouldent be able to keep all that stuff parked on the road like you do, the towns usually crack down on it and make you rent a place to store it all. they dont like it to look like you run a business out of your reisdntial house.