My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thanks. Yea, they cracked down on me about a year ago. I used to leave them in the street unhooked for years. Then one day i come home from school at night and i have a ticket on each trailer. Now i have to have them hooked up to a truck. I dont have anything lettered either, so i'm sure that helps.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

thats true, im sure it it was all lettered up they would give you more of a hard time.

3. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

16k ish. 6 x 2200 lbs topsoil per yard = 13,200 + 3,000 trailer = 16,200. Some soil is lighter than others but usually around 2000-2300 per yard.

4. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

so basically the sides are just for show and you really dont need them? :laugh:

5. Petr51488

from NJ

Lol i dont know if this was a question, or a joke so i'll answer. Ofcourse i use the sides. It would be a waste of a dump trailer if i couldnt build up. I sometimes wish i could go higher, but the weight prevents me from doing so. I would like to go 2x higher for leaves though. I rarely use the dump without the walls either.

6. kuhndogg

kuhndogg LawnSite Member

Do your homework. The low profile trailers are a lot easier to load equipment onto and have lower center of gravity. I have a Baker built dump trailer and it is built the best i've seen around. 4 way gate, 14,000gvw and paid 8,000$. It really is an investment.

7. Petr51488

from NJ

What are you talking about?

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking equipment!
    Have the trucks been reliable?

9. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks! Yea, but like anything they have the stupid little issues here and there. Overall, i've been very satisfied.

10. Petr51488

from NJ

Figure i would post an update. Business has been going very well. Work just keeps coming in and doesnt look like its stopping. I'm close to 94 accounts. I recently did a pretty big mulch job of which i used 220 3cu.ft. bags to finish. Now, before anyone says why didn't you use bulk? I could have, but for this house, it was much eaiser (with 4 grades of steps) to just cary bags down and dump where you need it. Anyways, it took 5 guys, including myself 7 hours to complete. I have a few before pictures up here... but no after pics. I used all 3 trucks for this job too. Some of you may notice that i got a chrome grilll on the red truck. I think it looks pretty nice. Its just a slip on grill. I'm also going to be buying another dump trailer soon. It will be a 7x14 heavy duty low profile bri-mar. 1 isn't enough anymore. I need a second empty trailer that i can use for firewood, mulch, topsoil, and other stuff, while the other dump trailer is used for my yard waste that just collects over the weeks. If you guys have any questions, shoot, and i'll answer them. I know the mulch will be a topic of discussion lol

mulch 1.jpg

mulch 2.jpg

mulch 4.jpg

mulch 3.jpg

mulch 5.jpg