My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

more pics..........

mulch 6.jpg

mulch 7.jpg

mulch 8.jpg

mulch 9.jpg

mulch 10.jpg

2. Petr51488

from NJ

a few more

mulch 11.jpg

mulch 12.jpg

mulch 13.jpg

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I always wanted to ask you with the firewood do you get and split all the wood or do you just by it and sell it. I always thought about getting into it a bit in the fall and winter, I just don't know if its worth it I do have a log splitter though

4. Petr51488

from NJ

Nope, i get the logs delivered to my house then someone splits it up and either throws it on the side, or into the trailer. Then i bring it over to my dads shop about 20 minutes away where it gets stacked and dries. A splitter is a must though. Anything else just ask.

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

so you get logs off like tree companies and such? Do you pay for them? Yeah my dad custom built a nice splitter and I got a dump trailer so it is something I always thought about...

6. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, tree companies, and i dont pay for them. See what the going rate is in your area and try it for a year.

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

still going with a bri-mar even after the rust issues?

just a thought but how about ditching the green truck for a 3500/45/55 with a landscape dump body.. you'd be able to hold 10 yards still, but could double up and have the dump behind the dump or whatever

8. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, i'll stick with the bri-mar even with the rust issue. It was only inside the bed and its kinda expected. All the grass in the trailer just collects at the bottum and i figure its just like a sponge on the bottum. Its not bad to paint it once a year or so with the amount of abuse it gets.

I doubt i would buy a dump truck. It would be nice, but if i buy one, it would be brand new, diesel and would cost me atleast 40k. I would need insurance and have to keep it maintained. Its not something i want to do. And, i don't like the idea of a strict work truck either. I like having things that have many uses. All my trucks and trailers i can use for other, non work related things, which is a plus. And, with the dump trailer i can use it for other things besides landscaping.

9. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

You should have gotten a billet grill for the red truck. It would have looked badass.

10. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah around here tree companies will become your best friend if you let them dump logs off.
    Posted via Mobile Device