My Trucks, Trailers, Loader and Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

haha my nieghbors would have the dep. of construction at your house ASAP with that amount of vehicles, trailer and other equipment hahaa it sux.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, thats what I meant and they do. Plus you get the weight capabilities of a pintle but dont have the horrible pulling of one.. :cool2: Thats all we use on our trucks..

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That was by far the heaviest i think i have towed. I'm pretty sure the trailer was maxed out. The truck literally pulled it like it was nothing. I was shocked. I got about 10mpg going to the shop fully loaded, and 15 going back empty. Empty was a little lower because the walls are high and its like a parachute. Here are some dumping pics.

dump1.jpg

dump2.jpg

4. Petr51488

from NJ

So i bought this 20,000lb pintle, and mounting plate for the pintle. The only problem is that the plate is only rated for 10,000... .which i didn't know when i bought, and the pintle is rated for 20,000lb. Will anything happen if i put more then 10k on the mounting plate? Its a solid plate. I'm assuming the bolts and mounting hardware are rated for 20k, so the only problem i might have it the plate. Should i be worried?

5. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

I would be more worried about the reciever hitch on your truck because it is probably only rated for 10,000 lbs. I would upgrade to a 15,000 unless you have already done that. I know a guy who ripped the hitch right off his truck because he was towing too much weight.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Keep up the good work Peter. Looks like you are doing well for yourself. :waving:

7. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks! Long time no talk.... how's everything going with you?

8. greens master

greens master LawnSite Member

now that is a cool setup!

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Everything has been going well with me. I have been having a pretty laid back summer for once, took 2 classes, reading and working out. Getting ready to go back to school in a month... I've been playing the stock market and have found it to be rather rewarding and a lot less work!

How many accounts are you at now? Looks like the recession hasn't hurt you much which is nice to see!

10. Petr51488

from NJ

Well good for you! I cant remember the last time i had a laid back summer lol But, this is what i chose. I also took 2 classes, but dropped one because it was too much. I have this fall semester to go, then another 2 classes and i'm done with school forever lol I'm either close to, at, or above 100 accounts. I havn't counted, but its close. I stopped accepting accounts until next year. My current accounts keep me very busy. And the recession hasn't hurt much at all, thank god.

Thanks!