1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DanTheGrassman, Mar 19, 2003.

1. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

My Trucks...it's kinda my first post so bear with me as I try out how to attach files and junk like that.

2trucks[1].jpg

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Man those look cool! Nice rigs.

3. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Just woundering why you have a blue light on your roof?Isn't that a police color there.Illegal to have that here.

4. DanTheGrassman

from Canada

Blue light....i get that question all the time. We had visitors over from europe, people from the US, and even customers asking the same question who are new to Canada.

Blue Lights are the law for plow operators in the province of Ontario, The orange light is for construction and other related trades including the city.

We operate the the orange lights on busy streets where you cannot park legally, but have no choice where to park given your size (I mean your not gonna park on some customers driveway, heaven forbid). We also place a cone by the rear mesh gate on our trailers for added safety for our employees and vechicluar traffic.

Usually coppers dont bug us even if were parked illegally as long as we got the orange light on and a visible cone to add in safety to other traffic.

5. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

Nice trucks!

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Nice rigs!

I also ran sno-ways for a few years and they are pretty good plows.

Why a Chevy, and a Ford though. Both good trucks in my opinion. Just curious. Please dont buy a dodge! LOL

7. DanTheGrassman

from Canada

We use the ford which is a 2003 model year power stroke diesel 7.3 liter (my truck) for heavy plowing, open areas and stacking. The Chevy (my brothers) was a great deal and has much better turning radius than the ford and is great for residential driveways, and areas that are tight. Other trucks not shown is a ford ranger 4x4 (no snowplow) we use it for snowblowing service and sidewalk clearing on commerical accounts and small residential driveways that are too small for a plow, or accounts that have patterned concrete or interlock surfaces.

Dodge hell no, the next truxk will again be a ford diesel but i'm hearing really bad things about the new 6.0 litre engine. My mechanic and brother's best friend says when he tested 6 new diesel engines he had bad responses. The 7.3 is a tank of an engine and i'm glad i selected it for my truck cause they are phasing it out.

All descent sized landscapers in the Toronto area all have ford diesel trucks for pulling trailiers and snowplowing, I'm talking about the serious ones not the average JOE with a shoddy *** trailer pulled by a geo metro.