My typical morning

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by landscapingpoolguy, Jan 4, 2008.

1. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Typically my day begins with a phone call to my local supplier to find out what time my materials will be delivered to the job site. I’ll then look at my daily log to see if we are on schedule and on budget. I make note that a payment is due for materials from my customer. Within minutes of me leaving my office my customer is calling my cell phone asking me if we can make changes to the plan. I wince at the thought of a change order on a start day but I press on. As I arrive on site several members of my crew also arrive. I hand the plans to my head installer and ask him to unload our equipment and tools and set up for a dig. At that moment I notice the gas company marking off the lines to finalize my mark out. I grab my computer and head towards the customers door. I notice the customer has posted our permit in his front window. They welcome me in the front door and just as quickly out the back door. They explain the changes they want to make and how it will affect the overall plan. After reviewing the plans on my lap top I explain that it is not a problem and then have them initial a change order. I remind them that a payment is due and they begin searching for there check book. At that moment a flat bed truck arrives in front of the house with my materials. I start counting the pallets as they are unloaded. My men scramble to make room for the forklift to place the pallets where it will be easiest to work from. I initial the receipt and issue a check to the driver. I look at my watch and notice its 7:30 am..

This is just me rambling on and on. Here comes the spring!

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I thought you were going to say they unloaded everything, truck left, and you couldnt get paid....

3. EARTHWORKS LANDSCAPE GRP

EARTHWORKS LANDSCAPE GRP LawnSite Member

typically my day begins with a coffee.

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

my day begins seing if mrusk has yet responded or come forward... hahaha:laugh:

5. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

My day begins with hitting the snooze button . . . about 4 times

6. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the exact same thing

7. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

coffee, smoke, and then phone

8. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

7:30 this time of year... I'm on my fourth hour of plowing snow! Starting to think about lunch break at 9.

9. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

7:30am....dam you start work early, i think thats about the time I was getting in from last night ha.

Jeff

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

i scratch my chest, butt, take a shower, and then stare mindlessly at lawnsite for 10 minutes. after 10 minutes, i realize lawnsite isnt the customer that pays the bills, so naturally i get up and actually get to work,