1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Van's Graphics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Victor, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. I'm curious to see what you think about my van graphics. This is the layout the designer and I came up with. What do you think? I'm open to any comments, negative, or positive. Can you tell what service I've built my business around? :laugh: Thanks in advance for any opinions, or feedback.

Attached Files:

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

"Lawn Fertilization" is a little to hard to read and would be worse if the van is moving fast.

The colors are kinda dull and washed out. bolder would be better on a white background.

Other than that, looks good to me.
  3. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Um no, the lawn fert font and color sucks. Everything else is cool. Are you tribal or something? Kinda looks like a tatoo that girls get on the bottom of the back. tramp stamp?
  4. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

that is just a sketch Right
    I can see its not installed yet from the home insect control and the () in the number its not wraped in the body line
  5. Victor

That's right. It's just a sketch. He's going to go through and clean the shape of those letters up with some program on his computer somehow. The colors he's going to use are "safety orange" and "forest green." Both are just what I want. Nice, bold colors. The scanner I used made the colors wash out, or something. That, or it was the printer I used to print the picture on faded the picture.
  6. Victor

I just showed the layout to my brother and asked him what he thought of it and he said the big font at the top made my van look like the "Mystery Machine" from Scooby Doo! :laugh:

I think you guys are right. I think I'd be better off if I had the designer use the same font he used for my phone number and URL on the whole van. It's a nice, clean font and really easy to read.
  7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i was gonna say it looked photoshopped on there. like everything except the "Lawn Fert." font. Those vans sure are troopers.
  8. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

I like the Par 5 Lawn Care name! Although I don't think the font or colors help with the sort of "prestigious" and "quality" service that a golf course makes people think of.
  9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Ha, one of my buddies got one of those tats on his lower back on our Senior Class trip!
  10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I like it. Font is a bit wild, but not necessarily bad. Don't go with something boring, though. Make it POP from the rest of the information. That part of the badging is KEY to getting people's attention.

I wonder if there's a chance that people might fail to recognize that you do residential care, what with your company name and all. Might consider that in addition to what you've got.

Lastly: get some spinners and low profile tires on there! LOL!