My very first wall.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Ground Effects NH, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Well, we have to start sometime. It's a small job but my very first. For a local funeral home. The wall is Bloduc Appalachian Sandstone red. Since this photo he has sealed the stone and the color really shows now, almost the color of the brick steps. The coping is not mitered at the corners. (His choice) I told him, That I thought it would look much better mitered. Even cut a sample for him. Nope wanted it his way. The driveway was not square to the sidewalk. Ended up with a gap that we filled with stonedust. Now I am thinking of filling it with driveway crack filler to give it a more clean look?

A few before

neun before 1.jpg

neun before 2.jpg

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont see the wall you built.
    mike

3. Ground Effects NH

And a few of the after. I know, I still have alot to learn. It's a start.

neun after 1.jpg

neun after 2.jpg

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Tell the funeral director to put one of those parkinglot tire stops in that parking space or your wall will get used as a bumper:dizzy: Nice Job, at least you capped your first wall and used a real product. Most guys just start with your basic garden wall no cap and lots of gaps:laugh:

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

NIce work! we all have to start somewhere

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice work bud.

7. Ground Effects NH

Thanks ..........He wanted to use that (garden block) at home cheapo. Talked him into this until $price$ came up, almost lost him.

8. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like its not level, or is that just the grade raising or the picture?

9. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

sure looks level from here! Nice work. Simple and well done.

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Disregard my earlier post i see the pic with the wall now. Looks good, nice product, its level, and real nice job on the corners they can be tough. And the 1 post about the curb was an excellant point.
    mike