My very own what would you charge thread!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LushGreenLawn, Jul 4, 2008.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Guys,

I already have a price in mind for this, and am usually pretty confident with my pricing, but want to see how I compare on this property. All of my lawns so far are under 2 acres.

What would you charge to mow 6 acres, completely open, with no trimming?

I am getting this property as part of a package deal with two other 1/2 acre properties (This should not affect the price, quote it like its only the 6 acre property) . The old lawncare guy would only cut grass, and they want someone they can go to for landscaping issues also. I was told as long as I'm not outragously more expensive than the last guy, that I would get it. I know the person in charge of making the decision personally.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

hold to your word..... $10 bucks

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I know my price too but I don't see it flying. :waving:

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

If you know the guy making the decision personally you should be asking him the question and go from there.

6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

How long will it take, on what type of machine? Is it smooth, thin grass (cut at 10mph)? Or is it bumpy thick turf (5mph)? I always compare these unusual ones to regular ones in terms of earnings...so ask yourself how many $50 lawns could you do in the same time period.

Anyhow, it may be possible to cut it in 2 or 3 hrs with one large mower at top speed. Maybe $150 or $200?

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are solo multiply the hours it would take by 100.00. If you run a two man crew multiply by 150.00.

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

6 acres wide open easy field mowing-an hours work for a big Tiger or DC---150 tops!--eepecially if you alreeady own the equipment!

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

240.00 no triming maybe 200 but nothing less.

10. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

For the guys asking about equipment, ect. It does not matter what kind of equipment one has when determining price. I understand that you are trying to get a certain amount per hour, but What if I was push mowing it and then bought a ZTR, would I lower my price?

I was thinking more along the lines of $300. I usually get around $70 per acre for residential lot, but with trimming. I wanted to make sure I wasen't cutting myself short with the price, I guess if anything I am a little high, which is where I want to be. I'll try it and see what kind of pushback I get.