1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My visit to Better Outdoor Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DCE, Apr 19, 2007.

1. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Earlier this afternoon I swung by to visit the gang at Better Outdoor Products and to see for myself in person for the Quick 36 for the first time. I spent about an hour talking with company president Gary Patridge about the mower industry, the marketing of the Quick series, and design/construction of the Quick 36/Quick 44 mowers. I even got the chance to test run a Quick 36 Samurai. The mower itself is very impressive from the quality of manufacture to the simplified controls. There is very little learning curve on figuring out how to deftly maneuver a Quick 36. Since the machine isn't steered using individual wheel brakes like a standard gear drive or hydro, there is very little "manhandling" that you have to do. Gary said the Samurai tips the scales at 300 lbs, so it is very manageable. Maintenance of the underside of the deck is very easy. Just lift up on the front until the handlebars touch the ground and the unit will sit like that so you can clean under the deck or change blades. Overall, the Quick 36 is an impressive machine at a great price competitive with gear drive units from the major players.

I would like to thank Gary for taking the time out of his busy day to spend visiting with me. For such a long time, I have been reading numerous accounts on this great forum about how LCO's who have the Quick 36 mowers have been raving about the machine as well as the company and its outstanding customer service. Now, I clearly see why.
  2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I was down there about 2 weeks ago and picked up two Samurai. I love them. Now my super duty just sits in the shop for back-up. Hope you buy one soon.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

So, is Gary handsome?
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been wanting to get to their plant...I'd love to meet everyone at Better in person.