My Walker stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by johnstra, Aug 25, 2010.

1. johnstra

johnstra LawnSite Member

Don't give me too much grief, fellas... I know my stripes ain't straight. I'm brand new to mowing with a good machine and it humbles me how poor my skills are. That's fine, though, just gives me lots of room to improve. I wanted to post this, so I when I get good I can come back and see where I started.

I picked up my used Walker a couple of weeks ago. It's an early 90s MS 42 w/ the 11 HP Briggs. Not a whole lot of power, but it's in good condition and it cuts well so I'm happy.

lawn1.jpg

lawn2.jpg

2. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

Your nor doin bad at all, theres guys on here that brag about stuff way worse than that, good luck with it, personally i like lots of hp..

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.good job.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

john

i'm rebuilding an 88 ms42ghs with the 11 briggs. over 7000 hours on the machine. looking forward to reliving cutting grass with a carbon copy of the first machine I owned...

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

what are all those lines in the middle?

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

walker tail wheel....

7. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

hes knows but hes the hero of his own lunch box

8. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

The Gold Pro is just jealous that he doesn't have a Walker and his Exmarks don't stripe nearly as well as Walkers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sorry, but i have to speak up here. I told myself i would never get in one of these walker debates, but if you think that the cut quality in that second pic looks good then you are smoking something. If that is what you walker guys think looks good you can keep them. Those tire tracks look awful.

No offense to the OP your lines aren't to bad i am only speaking of the tire tracks and how uneven it all is. Nothing again you yourself I just don't see the greatness in the mower.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol when you get on my level let me know. until then keep quiet little buddy.