My Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Jul 26, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I FINALLY own a Walker. I think it's an 04, MCGHS, with 315 hours. Had to give almost $5000 for it, but I think it is definitely worth it. Now, some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally, some stripes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, I like it a LOT. Have only put a couple hours on it, but I know its 100% better then that Navigator I tried out.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Woooweeee. Look at that hotrod. They make an attachment for the hopper so you don't have to always bag too. It acts as a rear discharge then.

3. KS_Grasscutter

I bag about everything, but where I dont have to I just open the back of the catcher and let the stuff fly out.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You bag everything? That's gotta suck.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I might get ripped by Walker owners for saying this but Ill do it anyway.

I like Walker but I dont think they are heavy duty commercial mowers that can stand up to abuse.

With that said, you wont find a better cut then a Walker.

6. KS_Grasscutter

It does:cry: :cry: It's just kinda something that EVERYONE here does, and if ya dont you get replaced, unless you are doing it dirt cheap. I was going to get a MT Walker with a high dump, but when I realized how much it costs, I can dump that Walker a lot of times into my $20 bins from Walmart, and toss those into the truck. Also was gonna get the height adjuster kit for the Walker, but here again, I can adjust the deck with the regular pins a LOT of times for $400...

7. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

That has to suck. I only bag one yard. How much do you spend a week dumping?

8. KS_Grasscutter

Well, I am the only one that will be running it, not planning to abuse it:waving: . Have to agree with you to a point though. There is a LCO here in town with lots of help running lots of Walkers. Have heard that he is happy to get 1500 hrs out of a Walker, his help just beats the hell out of the mowers. On the other side of that, there is a family run LCO here with 3 Walkers. One of them is OLD, and has 4500 hours on the original engine. Have heard of another smaller LCO with like 4200 on a Walker. If you take care of 'em, they'll last.

9. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I bag 95% of my yards the ones i dont bag are over 2 acres and i have 2-2 acre lots i bag and let me tell you it is no fun but its what everyone wants and if you dont give the customer what they want then they will find someone else that will. KS i was like you and used my small walker and dumped it by hand and had no heigh adjuster but as i grew to where i was doing around 70 yards a week it got really old and by the end of last year i noticed my body was starting to show the effects of all the lifting i.e. my back was getting sore. Eventualy you will get to where you can afford to get a bigger machine and maybe the high lift. I bought that new mt with the high lift this year and a new tranny for my dodge. Talk about some major tax write offs this year

10. KS_Grasscutter

Right now the plan is to buy a NEW MTGHS 48" with high dump and basically everything else when I start doing this full time (in 4 years). Still got 2 years of HS left, then 2 years of college (in my town, NOT selling out to go to college then come home to NOTHING).