1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Web Site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by smburgess, Feb 16, 2002.

1. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think....
    Finally got my own domain name, great price.
    Re-vamped my site from when I had it on "Tripod".
    Hope it doesn't load too slow, I'm on a cable modem so it loads fast for me.

----If you see any problems please drop me a line. Don't be too hard on me, I did the site by myself using FrontPage2002.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey, i will give u my thoughts/suggestions/comments/questions etc on each page, i will do this to help u and nothing against ur knowledge.
    Home Page: looks awesome! only found one thing im not crazy about and thats the clock, kinda a pain in the but, looks nifty though.
    Services Page: looks great also, i love the picture, only thing is that darn clock lol.
    Insurance page: great idea, very professional, ur state contractor is not aligned though.
    from the owner: looks good, maybe put the links on the left like the rest?
    Sample Agreement page: looks great
    Gallery: u have a nice property, good idea about using thumbnails
    links page: awesome, i love all the banners, great idea for a links page, is ur link on there pages? fair is fair.
    Landscape info page: absolutly awesome, very informative, perfect
    turf diesese: even better then the above page, great pictures, very informative
    rest looks great to.

in conclusion u have an awesome page, it looks like a webpage company made it and u would probably pay hundreds of dollars for it.
  3. smburgess

Thanks for the once over, I have reservations about the clock also. I'll more than likely pull it the next time I update the web. I'm not happy with the "search & news" page either, I'll have to work on it once I decide what I can do.

Thanks again....
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

the quality of the rest of the pages makes up for those two minor things big time, awesome page.
  5. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

GREAT SITE... I have to ditto that I do not like the clock. ALso some of the flash gets stuck and misaligned when scrolling up and down. I am using IE 6.0.

Nice Site!!
  6. smburgess

Suggested noted, CLOCK is gone!!!!
    I couldn't get the flash to cause problems when scrolling though.

Thanks people!
  7. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

That may be the best site I have seen since 2002. They really knew how to do it back in those days.