my website- how do you like it?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IMAGE, Mar 18, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I still have a few things I want to do. Like adding a 'current news page', and a 'pictures' page, or maybe a scrolling pictures section, but for now it will work. Eventually I want to switch to a flash website... but not enought time to learn that right now. I did borrow the layout from another LCO- but I think I changed if enough to be my own.

Tell me what you think.:drinkup:

www.imagepropertyservice.com

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Its a bit hard to read due to the white print. maybe do a box with some type of coloring and then have the text in that with the pages background being the grass(which i really liked) If at all maybe get some pictures of your work. but looks really good.

3. IMAGE

from midwest

Ok thanks for the input. I will make another version with text boxes having a different color. Or maybe just get rif of the black all together, maybe go with a green?

Anyways I will make a couple different versions and poll a couple people about which is easier to read and looks best.

(I wont change the actual site until I decide on a final change- if any)

Thanks again for your input- I was kind of wondering about the ease of reading myself.

4. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

no problem get up those different ideas and ill along with everyone else will give you some input:cool2: keep up the good work.

5. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I didn't have a problem reading the print. I love the grass blades background, and your "specials" page seems to have something for everyone.

Good Job!

6. IMAGE

from midwest

I found out it has a problem being viewed in Firefox. I am gonna have to fix some code and get it working in firefox.

7. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Call today (218) XXX-XXXX to make your neighbors jealous! Sounds corny but it may work. Also, keep in mind that estimates are free regardless, at least in this industry. Other than that, I like the color and concept! Really neat and too the point!

DJ-

8. IMAGE

from midwest

ok I think I got the background problem fixed, and a few other little things I saw.

Do you guys still think the white text is hard to read?

9. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

How much did it cost to make and maintain?

10. IMAGE

from midwest

OK I'm done working on it for now. I changed a few things and still need to do some wording changes, but nothing major. I think the visual is good now.

It cost nothing. Its hosted by Microsoft Small Business Live for free. And I did the work building it- it took a few days. I did 'borrow' a layout, but I changed 90% of it. Basically I only used the table setup from a different site.