my website is finished!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by whiteblue1942, Jun 26, 2007.

1. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 LawnSite Member

well atleast 99% finished so tell me what you think. im working to get faster loading times and ill be putting pics up soon but tell me what else i should do other than that.

www.bwlawncare.com

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real good.

But .. Northern is missing the r. In the third paragraph you refer to your customers as "common homeowners", I would just drop the common. If I were your customer I wouldn't want to be considered as common.

Maybe change the title page name to something other than home page.

Grammer needs some work on the "meet the team" page.

3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

From everything from mowing

Blue & White Lawn care

Just two errors I saw on the first page. Otherwise, looks nice. I want to bang your employee of the month.....that is one of the features I would like for you to add.....you did say to let you know if there is any service not offered that (us common folk) could request....well that is my request.

:dancing:

4. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

The quality of graphics is not good on your main page, other than that it looks pretty good.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You were established in 2006.. so a year and a half in business, and you have 13 employees? how is that possible?

6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like its missing an apostrophe for "New York's" at the top.

Looks fairly good.

I still stand by my earlier suggestion to drop all that blank white space in the fields to the right and left - thus shrinking the header and centering it. Just my opinion though.

7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

His profile says 5 years in biz. He is 20. Maybe he started when he was 15 which would lend itself to further discussions.

13 employees. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

If Jessica (one of your 13 employees) is under the age of 17 years, 364 days, 23 hours and 58 mins, I would like to retract my statement of the banging.

Thanks.

8. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

You have cleaned your site up considerably from the first go round! Good work! There are some typos you will want to fix. Also, consider using clients instead of customers...you are in a luxury service industry, these aren't commoners you are dealing with. These are people with expendable incomes...treat them well! Also, you can have pictures of your employees (good idea for key go-to guys so clients have a "feel" for who is providing their services) just stay away from the frat party pics!

You should next work on optimizing your site for search engines.

9. mathproshs

mathproshs LawnSite Member

A few things

...your grammar, syntax and punctuation need quite a bit of work
    ...your headings are very taxing on the eyes
    ...I am not sure what it is but it may be my screen but under your RESOURCES section, the blue bold lettering is hard to read
    ...I would not include employees last names in case liquidfest really decides to come after one of your employees
    ...maybe first name basis only or maybe first name last initial
    ...were you going to put pics in the meet the crew section????
    ...looks odd

Just my two cents.:cool2:

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I would like more information on this, too !!