My Website is up but growing

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ToddH, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I still have some work to do but I think it is ready to show off.

https://www.hancockglen.com

There might be more than one person that can help with this but since my my site is dynamically generated I am having some problems with the rich snippet tool.

I do not have the microdata added on all pages yet either but I do have some embedded in the about page and some on every page. Still trying to get this schema.org stuff down.

I hope to get some more photos this spring.

Good bad and the ugly comments are welcome.

2. ToddH

Made a few visable changes for style. Be sure to clear cache or you will not see it.

3. ToddH

I know the banner needs work. No comments so I suspect people do not like it :D

4. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, but I saw this:
    Local company in located in Grand Prairie Texas providing assisted facility maintenance management services.

5. ToddH

Thanks. Always the Typo somewhere.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Now that you mention it... :) The banner either doesn't fit the site or the site doesn't fit the banner. Big splash of whimsy and color and then a sea of grey, dark grey, and black.

I've been slammed for time due to a new endeavor, but will dig in to the site as soon as I can and get back to you.

A couple of quick notes... the first line of your footer (Hancock Glen - Green Space and Facilities Maintenance) is light text with the same color shadow applied, creating a visual blur. In IE, that's fine, most likely due to IE not recognizing that bit of CSS. In Chrome, it's an illegible blur.

I'd also recommend tweaking the "mid-footer" layout. There's a bit of a detached hodgepodge vibe going on there.

7. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I sort of like the header photo. I find it a bit cheerful and catchy. I think you might be better off changing the grey background on the rest of the page however. It sort of looks drab and depressing.

I think the page would look more balanced if you moved the text under the banner photo to the bottom of the page. It just looks a little off to me where you have it located.

8. ToddH

The postscript area is 4 column and I am trying to configure it so that facepile and google plus fits in there.

I am going to have the graphics guy clean up the photo so it blends a little better.

The back ground can be tweaked. I need to did into the CSS.

9. ToddH

Definately something to look at. Can be tweaked in the CSS for sure.

Some of that is a drupal default - site name and slogan. Not sure what I can do with that aspect.

Thank you for the reply

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member