My Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Tyner Lawn Service, May 1, 2011.

1. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Please check out my website and let me know what you think. I will be changing a couple of things. The guy who did this for me was very reasonable for a standard site. Thanks
    http://tynerlawn.com

2. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

First off I think it is a very attractive web site and unique enough that it stands out above other websites.

The only thing I see in the actual design is the meta tags are horrible. For instance your description meta tag is ""Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system" />" This is supposed to describe your business and to help the search engines not to tell people how your site was desigined. Your keywords are similar and your title is too non descript.

Site design A+, Meta Tags F-

My other comment is if I were looking for someone to mow my lawn I would be impressed with the site but turned off and concerned about so little information about you and that there is very little contact info.

3. Tyner Lawn Service

Thanks Turboguy, I'll let my designer know so to make it better. Most of the info I gave him is off my brochures and I thought about putting more info on the site. It's a work in progress.

4. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It wont' take him long to fix the meta tags and otherwise your site looks great.

5. dlonestar

dlonestar LawnSite Member

Your site looks great :)

6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

very nice. interesting how the page slides up and down independent of the background.

loads kindof slow. logo is a little homey, but i guess that's what you were aiming for.

not sure that metatags mean much anymore, but no sense in having irrelevant ones. doesn't take long to update them.

all in all very nice.

7. JBMohler

JBMohler LawnSite Member

You need more content. Talk about how the nitrogen in the fertilizer makes the grass green, killer !!

8. Tyner Lawn Service

On my computer it loads very fast. The logo was copied off a business card I misplaced the original disk of it 5 years ago. Yeah I need to put more info in although I have had customers tell me thye like the basics. Down the road I plan on job pictures,updates,specials and alot more. Thanks for the ideas.:)

9. Cam.at.Heritage

Cam.at.Heritage LawnSite Member

Looks good, I also like how the background image stays and the rest of the website scrolls. Definitely more images of your personnel work is necessary, those images are pretty generic. Also things don't seem as 'Crisp' as the should. By this I mean the lettering and such seems pixalated.

Great start

10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

re: slow load

the computer i used is a real old, slow one, so the prob was probably on my end

jon