My Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Tyner Lawn Service, May 1, 2011.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

For the more part, it looks pretty decent.

I can see why someone said it loads slow. It loaded okay for me, but I'm on FIOS high speed.

Your background image is over 614 Kilobytes which would beat up a slow connection.

In the urban area where I live though, that would okay I suppose.

The weather information seems to serve no real purpose. Its telling viewers what they already know. They likely know how warm it is outside, and they can see their visibility just by looking out the window. Unless you need the forecast there for yourself.

You second image is almost 200 more Kilobytes more. With the 614K image, both photos are not that far below an entire Megabyte.

Probably still less than most Flash websites though. Flash sites are like lazy dying dogs when it comes to loading. Even on FIOS, Flash is slow to load on my screen.

Anyhow, I like the general appearance of the home page.

2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info I'll send it to my web guy.

3. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

I like your site for the most part - especially the fixed background. Just a few comments:

- I see your designer fixed the meta tags - they're very well done.
    - You need someone to recreate your logo - a pretty easy task
    - The background image is way too large. I suggest getting a designer to reduce it's width to about 1,000 pixels and let it fade along the sides and bottom into the background color.
    - I love the translucent body background - wish more designers would do that.
    - I like the weather on your site
    - Would like to see more content
    - Would like to see a nicer font for the headlines.