my work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by T Scapes, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Which ones are strips from them tiger cat... I'm thinking out getting one. Got a demo tomorrow or the 52"

2. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

My Tiger Cat is a 48 and it stripes well, I have a Lazer too which also stripes well though. They both have a nice cut I think, the controls and comfort level of each is different though. A lot of the stripes in my thread are from the Tiger Cat.

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

the new scag velocity deck is in my opinion is the best deck out there. i do like the turf tracer alot and it does great as a walk behind but the scags stripes so much nicer

4. T Scapes

thinking of going to look at this truck 2005 with 65k on the clock and has a plow gonna give the guy a call tomorrow and see what i can do

550.jpg

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Be very very careful buying a used plow truck. Things to look out for excessive rust on frame along with stress fractures, brake and fuel lines, transmission issues (burnt smell, klicks bumps and klunks).

6. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

In my experience, from close friends and family members. Buying a 6.0L with around 55k or a 100k km's never seems to work out so well. Its hit and miss with that motor. Sometimes right after warranty is up people will fix the common problems with the motor just as a safety, or insurance if you will. Other times they could become a hassle and people just want them gone.

My brother's had 100k km's on it, it gave him a ton of trouble so he did all the work to it (ARP head studs, EGR delete, straight piper, intake etc etc) After that it was fine for a little while then it continuously had electrical bugs. After about $13k in repairs in like 9 months he got fed up and sold it. For the next owner, it has all the common problems fixed, once he fixes the electrical it could be a solid truck.

Better experiences have come from my friends who've bought a truck with like over 200k kms. My friends bought his a little under 300k a while ago, right after everything was gone over including all new front end and everything. Overall for the price he paid in comparison to my brother, that was a much smarter buy.

Something to think about, I'm no expert. Honestly I don't know if these problems exist in the 550 class, I think they likely do because its the same motor but you never know. If you're not familiar with the inner workings of a 6.0L Ford, get familiar with it BEFORE you buy one.

7. T Scapes

ive got a buddy whose real good with motors and stuff and has a 6.0 F550 as well. But i have been reading as much as i can and im hoping since it has the farm decals it didnt plow a whole lot

8. T Scapes

some recent stripes lawns are growing here sorta still some dead stops

417501_10151174247381678_1999584642_n.jpg

554734_10151174250841678_660150918_n.jpg

9. T Scapes

pics of a lawn from today. Been working on some bush hog work as well for next year with a utility tractor as well as adding more lawns to have 5 full days of cutting with 2 guys is my goal

stripes 12.jpg

10. T Scapes

some stripes

stripes 13.jpg

stripes 14.jpg

stripes 15.jpg