my work truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by thesargent, Sep 8, 2006.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

its a 1981 Ford F150 Ranger. 302 engine, dual exhaust, 9 inch rearend, shortbed, 2wd,automatic O.D., 89,000 miles. price- FREE. it was given to my younger brother by an old (lady) friend, he started cleaning the inside of it, ran into a nasty rat nest, it stunk terrible. to nasty for him, when i went to visit him he said i could have it, i drove it home (150 miles) she runs like a top.

8E970FF8-CB56-6665-0A3FAFE653E54394.jpg

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really nice for an '81, I mean really nice. Nice color, good wheels. Looks good all around. What is the patch or something infront of the rear tire in the pic? Nice score. Out a few of those pine tree air freshners in there and you will be set for years!;)

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

89 k in 25 years...thats like 3500 miles a years

4. thesargent

fearthisdere, that patch is acthaully an inset little step, there is one on each side. i had never seen them before, kinda cool. the truck spent its like on a small ranch/homestead where two ladies(sisters) have lived forever, they just putted it around doing their chores and took it to town once a week, its a perfect work truck, i like the trim package it has. thanks for the comments, i will get some pics of my gear asap.if you look close you can actually see the pine tree fesheners in the picture!

5. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

The truck was free and it runs well?!?!
    Good for you. Anything you get out of it is great. Not to mention it looks pretty good for its age...does it have a new engine? Milage is low for its age.

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the step idea. It is like having a stepbed, but without losing any space. I like the air freshners!

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i'll give you $500 for it.

8. thesargent

the engine is original. i dont plan on selling it, its all i have right now. i wanna get all the use out of it that i can. thanks for the replies. later.

9. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

thats one hell of a steal there. You should have quite a few years of good service out of it.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a great deal! Best of luck with it!