My Work Videos

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 25, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

One of the most boring jobs to get stuck with, and no radio to listen to, just the voices in my head:

"Rollin' "
    [​IMG]

2. bobcat_ron

Yet another play time with the Kitty Kat:
    [​IMG]

3. bobcat_ron

4. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Ron, I've never understood why you Canadian's have cabs on your rollers, down here nobody has cabs if it's that crappy out your not going to be compactin anything, plus most roller operators can't run anything else so why spend the money on a cab. I always hate any time I have to run a roller, cause you know everybody driven by is thinkin that poor SOB can't run anything.

That little komatsu don't look that bad, we've got a old cat 225, that things got a build in tilt bucket, plus you have to stop swing a 1/4-1/2 way from where you want the bucket to stop.

5. bobcat_ron

Running a roller with a canopy sucks, hot sun and blinding rain was always a problem, we always called the green horn "roller b*tch".

But that roller is gone in 2 weeks, it only made $5000 in the 2 years that the boss has owned it, and it cost him over $40,000 in payments, oh well, I guess anything with rubber tires and a steering wheel is and always will be a lucrative deal, first it was the 4 pick up trucks he went through, the 3 low beds and 3 tractors, then the kick ass Volvo wheeled excavator, then his Pete and trailers, now the compactor.

6. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the vids Ron! I love the turbo whine the cats make, im glad to see yours is running well like ours is.

7. bobcat_ron

I ought to get a good vid of the 330, that turbo makes you giggle in ways only a hot woman can make you do.

8. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Hey is your radio mount holding up ok? Mine has shaken loose and the deck is about to fall on my head. I should go back and check out how yours is mounted in your other pics. How many hours you got on it now? One more thing, do you find the air filter plugs up far faster than yuor T190?

9. bobcat_ron

Everything is still good, the radio mount screws went right through the headliner and poked out of the top of the cab, 130 hours as of last check, and yes that air filter does plug up faster, but hind sight is, it's much easier to clean out, just pull that yellow slider out, rotate, and the cover is off, no freaking wing nuts!!!!

10. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

My radio mount from battlefield cat is a one piece plastic thing that does not hold up to vibrations very well, a new one is being installed shortly but I like your mounting system far better. There is just so much that can be done on the Cat with far less effort than the Bobcat, Iove it.