MY yard gets no love

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ndols2, May 5, 2011.

1. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

Am I the only one, or does your yard get no love? I have lived in my current house for 3 years, and I still haven't done almost any landscaping. I did however, test different Fertilizers, and spreaders. So about a 1000sq of the front is pretty burnt up...I keep telling my wife "this is the year we do all the landscaping''

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and the painter's house needs paint and the mechanic's car needs work...

3. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, before I started in this business I had one of the best lawns on the block. Now I hide the truck in the back yard untill I catch up on mowing and give time to my own lawn.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

When I moved into my house a few years ago it was by far the worst, but is now one of the better lawns. I've removed 19 trees from it, a pool, rotten deck, ivy pit, wood fence and approximately 40 bushes. I only have 6 more trees to go and then start on my new deck in the back.

5. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

No man, i keep my lawn looking good. If you keep it looking great and stay friendly with the neighbors then you should pick up some great business in your neighborhood. I currently do my neighbor's yard and at my old house I actually had 5 lawns in a row right across the street from my house.

6. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Mine usually gets done last. This year I commited to do it first. So far so good.

7. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

I keep it cut and stripped really nice, I just have no landscaping. I really am motivated to get it in shape this year, and show case it. I live on a busy street!

8. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Mine gets cut once a month if it needs it or not.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

my lawn is a show place, could not have it any other way.

10. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

lol, my significant other told me she was going to hire a lawn guy the other day. I said go ahead. We bought a foreclosure that needs a ton of lawn work. I just dont feel like messing with it right now.