1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my yard sign

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grass disaster, Sep 29, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i have been working on this for a little while now. this is what i have come up with.

how big do you think i should go?
    it is going to be placed in a large yard probably 1 acre and there is going to be a good amount of trafic passing buy.

yes that is my real phone # what do you think???

Attached Files:

• sign.bmp
      File size:
      987.5 KB
  2. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I guess 6X6 and place it as close to the road as you can. Don't forget the rye grass and Pansies underneath.
  3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

cool sign. i always liked to ones that said "Another quality job by so and so's lawncare then had the number underneath. that way people driving by knew it was your work and that you didn't just put the sign anywhere.... hope this helps.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Shade the green darker for two reasons. 1st, it is a very poor color for healthy turf. Make yourself stand out, not just look so-so. Also, with the lighter green, it will make the white letters harder to read by passing traffic. They will only have a few seconds (maybe less) to take it in. Also, I would go with a darker solid yellow for your sun. It will stand out more - attracting attention, and with the solid color, if you ever decide to reproduce these signs, it will save you CONSIDERABALLY in color costs (they go by the number of different colors you use).
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I would spell out GRASS. the extra number that people dial will not affect the call and it will be easier to remember GRASS, than some funny spelling as they have their 3 seconds to gawk at your sign before they collide with the vehicle in front of them. Great idea though, should score some work for ya.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the extra S for the word grass as well. It will justmake the number easier to remember without the complication how many digits. The franchise does it this way, too. Their usable number is 1 800 LAWNCARE, even though the last "E" (2) does nothing.
  7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

great ideas from all of you thanks!

i think i'm going to change it back to the phone #'s . let me explain..

the people i am focused on are residential (local) accounts.

the speed limit is 30 on the road and it gets a lot of repeat traffic.

i don't want the sign to be confusing in anyway.right?
  8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Phonetic phone numbers are a hassle for me. I'd rather just dial the number I've written down instead of trying to figure out what G-R-A-S translates to on the key pad. Then you spell it G-R-A-S-S and my mind says, "Hey, that number's too long." LOL :p
  9. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

looks great i would have to agree with all the rest and add the last S best of luck with it :waving:
  10. matt321

matt321 LawnSite Member

i think that is a pretty sweet sign. how long did it take you to come up with that.