My yard

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Neil M, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

Need some advice,this is what I'm planning on doing for spring and then again in the fall. Aerate and seed or slit seed than fert. with tupersan. Its for a 2 1/2 tear old lawn thats thin and patchy bare spots. 1 acre. Cut after 2-3 weeks. Does this sound right and which way aerate or slit. Thanx for any advice.

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

show us a picture if you have one that may help us help you

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well Neil, it depends. Yes a picture would help....

Anyways, to be honest with you, you first need to correct whatever has put the lawn in that shape in the first place. If one of the issues is soil compaction, you are going to need deep core aeration. If not, you may not need the core aeration. Then again, it doesn't hurt to core and slit either. But many things need to be considered, such as current conditions and if you are doing the entire lawn or just spot patching...

Anyways.... that Tupersan stuff is cool. It's nice to be able to overseed and have pre-m control applied too. Stops the junk that's already there from germinating along with the seed applied. I get it through Lebanon as they have a blend with Tupersan and starter fert.