my yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowngrow, Jul 13, 2003.

1. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

from an earlier post with this pic i got a few responses about my yard needing some help

000_0002 (2).jpg

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you know, you have to park the rig somewhere dont you? :D

Everyone on here has something to say about everything. Dont worry about it, just as long as your sooooo busy with other customers you have no time for your own! ;)

But I do know a great LCO that you could hire to help you with that yard Mr.
    LOL!

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, that's OK. After a long day of work, who wants to come home to mow thier own lawn anyway, right?:)

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey MownGrow nice pics in the July issue of Turf and a little background on what you have and what you maintain

5. mowngrow

took me a while but how does it look now???

000-0004(2).jpg

6. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Well, you know how to tell who is the best mechanic in town, its the one that drives the old clunker hes just to darn busy fixing everyones cars and no time for his own. So now we know whos the best in your town!

7. mowngrow

have not gotten my turf issue yet so i didnt know i was in there.
    thanks for letting me know and the nice comments. about the yard guys, had to take out a tree and shave limbs about 30-40 feet up to let mr. sunshine in. we are using tifway 419 bermuda. the first five pallets took nicely so we laid five more, three more to go and we are done.

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks better! Nice job.

9. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

mine also.....just like a proud parent

p1010004-12.jpg

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

mowngrow- congrats on the Turf Mag write-up. Congrats on the lawn too!

My yard takes the cake. It's 2 1/4 acres mostly hilly, 95% weeds, can't hardly get any of it to stripe. It's just nasty really....... Part of it needs shade and it gets too much water so grass won't keep control there well. The grass seems to hold it's own somewhat in spring but when summer comes it gets a nasty vine-like weed that is hard to cut and you can't cut cleanly and won't stripe :angry:

This is the best it looked this year......

apr26350.jpg