My yearly validation Post.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by White Gardens, Nov 22, 2012.

1. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks man!

Still can't wait to get the post in. I might get up there tomorrow to at least get the studs in place and glued in.

I'm hoping I don't have to remove any caps to install the studs. The first ledge I did, I had the post before we started and I was able to sink the studs in the concrete and through the cap.

This time around, the post were on back-order and the temps were still good to do the concrete work so we just proceeded to get the job done and wait for the posts.

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice and as a horse person this very cool, can't wait to see the hitching post in.

4. White Gardens

This is the first one we did, so it will look almost exactly the same.

[​IMG]

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice!!!

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

is that the horses name etched in?

7. White Gardens

The one I'm working on now is the last name of the original owner of the property. Augstin(Spanish version of augustine) was imprinted in the concrete of that ledge.

The name in the previously done ledge is the current homeowners.

Here is a pic from a local postcard company that took a pic of the property in 1903.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. White Gardens

Try this again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, if you look closely, you can still see the faded horse on the barn. Registered Percherons, pretty cool.

10. White Gardens

When they painted the barn red, they made sure not to paint over the horse. The lettering for the "White Oak Stock Farm" is still partially there also.

If you look closely at the driveway in the old pic, you can see the two concrete pillars or hitching post that we just took out.

The biggest travesty of the place is the original Victorian style of the house is gone. The current owners, when they acquired the house, had to deal with asbestos siding, so somewhere along the line they ripped off or covered up the old wood siding.