mycorrhizea video

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by phasthound, Sep 19, 2012.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Is this ground cover in the mulch???

Why dont they hit it with Mycorrhizea?

Or is that weeds in the mulch already hit with Mycorrhizea?

Mycorrhizalappsinc.jpg

3. Brodie

Brodie LawnSite Member

Thanks for posting that video up. There is some great information in the video.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

There was way too much 'buffering' for me to watch the video... anything new and/or interesting??? :)

5. Brodie

Brodie LawnSite Member

The information is good. It has been taken to its basics aimed more at a clients level of understanding.

I think it would have been a better video without the presenters it took away from the information.

6. Smallaxe

That's why I usually like the written word as opposed to video... you can 'skim' for new information and personalities don't muffle the data, by being presenters...

Of course mimicking the presentation of a good presenter, especially, when talking with clients about in depth subject matter is sometimes more valuable than facts... I call it the,,, "BS Factor"... :)

7. phasthound

8. Smallaxe

When I was growing up everyone seemed to understand "Tilth" and "Humus", whether it was in the corn field or in the garden... everyone could see and feel, tilth and humus...

It is interesting to have the scientific tools to observe why tilth and humus are so important...

Did we know that roots were only working at the microscopic level? bringing in food and water???? did we know that those roothairs, required the symbiotic relationship with all kinds of microbes to be the best they can be??? nobody knew...

Little did we know that our attention to tilth and humus had created the proper environment for microbes to do the work of life... :)

9. phasthound

There are some who had an understanding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Howard

10. Smallaxe

I know this guy didn't have the Technology to observe AM Fungi and identify the critters that made 'tilth and humus' functional... maybe he could grow a garden as well as my grandparents, but back then everything was organic...

Did this guy promote growing green manure and tilling it in? or was he a no-till guru as well??? :)