Myleaf Vac Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DBLC, Nov 19, 2002.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

Here are some pics of my leaf vac. My box is 8x10. I am getting too much blow out at the top. The entire top is screen, should I close some of it? How much vent do I need. I even put this tarp on to cut down on the "snowing". THANKS!!

2. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

How do I post all pics at once?

mvc-019s.jpg

3. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

4. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious what kind of box that is? Looks almost like a dumpster. Nice idea, and I am sure you will get your box working the way you want/need.

Try asking or email mowerdude. He has a great leaf box and might be able to help with the blowout/snow problem you are experiencing. Could be the hole's or screen is too large, might double up or triple it to filter out the dust, yet still allow air flow.

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Hey DBLC, nice setup. What kind of truck do you have there. Looks like you couuld extend that box a little more for somemore room. Anyway, the pics look great. Peace

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

looks pretty good. My only comment is, why dont you just make the box the size of the flat bed? i know a guy in my town with a truck like that with a box on the whole thing, and it will hold a ton of leaves. like the sucker too. bet its powerful.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

That sucks.:D

9. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I would check the size of the screen as well, sounds like it is the holes are too big. Go with something like you would have on a screen door over what you already have.

btw, nice rig! ever suck up a dog with that thing? looks like a monster.

Keth

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

The comment about the screen not being fine enough is possible but you do not need that much screen. You are obviously getting a ton of blow out. Try closing some of the top off.

Gravely_Man