1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

myspace or website

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you were to hit the web, would you do a myspace site or a standard website.Or both sense myspace is free?
  2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

myspace is pretty much a wasted effort imo. yahoo offers domains for like eight dollars a month. at least it will look more businesslike. just my .02
  3. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

What do you need a website for.
  4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

more people everyday use the internet to find what they need instead of the yellow pages Heck even the yellow pages have joined in
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

buy a .com don't use myspace as a commercial website. I have used myspace classifieds to advertise an open position though with some results
  6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

How is someone in his area who needs service expected to locate his webpage.

Are current clients just clammering for a webpage?

Websites in lawn care are like tinker toys. Now if you are a serious Landscaper I can see the benefit of having a nice available portfolio of images and references.
  7. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

Myspace is stupid IMO, But do what you want its your site..... if it were me I would judt use a standard site.

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wanted to see what everyone opnions were. Ive had a website for a few years. i just have to renew my domain since I got back into the lawn business. I get free hosting because of a friend.
  9. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

My space is for kids NOT A BUISNESS. If you want people to take your company serious do a real website IMO.
  10. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah myspace is not professional at all, i got my . com for 2 bucks on yahoo on a sale. Btw if your interested in getting one professionally done i know a guy that does a great job check my site out www.christoslandscaping.com