1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MZ6128 Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dgfitz, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mikefr24

mikefr24 LawnSite Member

Good to know. I only stopped at one place just to look at them.
  2. lindllc

lindllc LawnSite Member

Dang, let me know where I can find one for $4k! husky website says $5,299.95 for the MZ6128ZT. Are Husky MSRP's known for being higher than what they actually sell for?
  3. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Sle equipment has em for 4600 and i got mine on sale at rural king for 4000 plus tax
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Thats msrp...who pays msrp? Not this guy. I always hunt for a sale or better price for every large purchase i make. Keeps my overhead low and gives a little more slack in my budget.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

Yes, I have always played music,the drums are maple Ludwigs. The shop
    doubles as music practice room and as a general workshop. The Ludwigs are about eight years old and have been on the road one time,which tells anyone I'm no good.:dizzy:
    Have a set of Tama's that stays at a club and/or goes on the road.The
    MZ has been used twice since I last posted , this crazy weather has me
    needing to mow again tommorro, in the winter even.
  6. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Up until about 6 mos ago, I hadn't picked up a set of sticks since around 1974. Yea, I'm an old guy but always enjoyed my starter Slingerlands & then my Rogers. Another set of drums are on my bucket list but so much has changed since then. For now I'm relegated to para diddles on my practice pad until I can get my arms around everything again. I bet your Ludwigs sound great!
  7. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

Yes, the Ludwigs sound wonderful and keep in tune. I used to have a set
    of Slingerlands. Both Tama and Yamaha have some very nice mid grade
    sets,just put a couple of coats of sealer on the insides and you are good to
    play.Getb them feet working, they are still the key to great drumming.:cool2:
  8. merf

merf LawnSite Member

dgfitz, any more updates on the 6128? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new mower in the next few days and the Husky is at the top of the list.
    I gotta go look at the Dixon (which is practically the same machine, Husky owns/builds them) But the Dixon has a Kawasaki engine choice. Granted it's only a 23 HP engine but it's their FX series which I believe is their commercial rated engine line.

9. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

I have used the mower five times so far, cutting mostly winter weeds
    and onions, does just fine. The Kawasaki FX engine is a true commercial
    grade engine, more torque than the Briggs. We do not have a Dixon dealer
    in this area for me to compare models, but if they are the same specs and
    the price is close, I would go with the Dixon just because of the engine.
  10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I have MZ6128zt I been upgrading for some time now beef up and add more wheels on the deck and upgrade the spindle ,pulles,blade bolts to the full commercial P-ZT6128 (966956101)add Ferris 1/4 blades,lights,oil pressure gauge,KN oil filter ,Castrol EDGE with Titanium ,bigger better air filter,about 200lb. in dead wight,It will cut grass as fast you can stay on it I cut ever thing from ruff 20 acer horse to 30 degrees slopes it is awesome.