Name a Name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by iamthelawnman, Mar 6, 2007.

1. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

I am in need of a name for my new Business, please help!!!!
    i am able to do full grounds maint. thanks for all your input.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :drinkup:

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Do you have kids? If so, when they were born, did you go online and ask a bunch of strangers for ideas on what to name them? My point is, a business name is special, just as important as your kids names. It's the first thing a potential customer is going to see about you.
    You know yourself better than anyone here. Is your last name a nice sounding last name, easy enough to spell? If so, that may be an idea for you to include your name in the business name.
    Or you might use your location in the name. Ex: we're from Pennsylvania which is called the Keystone State. There are businesses called Keystone Lawn Care, Keystone Bakery, Keystone Car Clean. You get the picture. So location is something you could think about including.
    Bottom line is: you want something that the customer can remember AND spell.

3. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Call your local county clerk and ask her how to search online for DBAs.....That will push you in the right direction...Or you could try the old fashioned way and open up a phone book and get ideas from that....just my .02

4. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

I'm from Texas so naturally i went with: Texan Lawn Services

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow, thats pretty close to my name...

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

How about " No F**K AROUND LAWN CARE"...... We talk about that all the time.:laugh:

7. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

We talk about "BIT$HEN Lawn Care"....that way someone could say "whoa thats bit$hen....." and you could say "you are absolutley correct....."

8. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

i thought of this after getting my name incorperated. Lawn Medics i was wanted to get an ambulance as my truck and drive it around with lights on obviously not the red ones like an ambulance and have a red trailer.

9. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

Thats Hilarious

10. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

There's a lawn care company around here that's called "Lawn Enforcement". The trucks are painted like cop cars, no lights and sirens though (don't know if that's legal). Very unique.