Name Change Opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Jan 27, 2003.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

I just went through a name change and i would like to get some opinions on it. I went from Precision Lawn Care to Green Zebra Landscape Management. For one, Precision was a generic name and there were some other LCO's who sported the same name. So I decided to change it, just want to know what you think?
    thanks , Kyle

green zebra logo1.jpg
  2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the name Precision Lawn Care alot. I unerstand where your comming from with other people in your area having the same name. If people starting using my company name it would probably just make me work harder to set myself apart from them and to have all the other companys with my name look like scrubs.

We in the industry know exactly what you mean when u say green zebra but to someone not in the industry them might get confused, im sure you will get alot of people asking why?

Good name though very creative
  3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i like it,,, good stuff buddy..
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that alot actually. If you attach some sort of name rcognition deivce to that...EI zebra stripes on your truck, i think you have a very good name. Congrats
  5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

My first thought was YUCK! Then I saw the logo and started thinking about how that name will get people to wondering. I also thought about the Wichita Zoo. I think you have done a real GOOD thing for your business.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

I plan on placing the logo on the doors just like everyone else, but also stripping the truck body itself, making the center line on the hood like the middle of the back and carry it over the sides and up over teh cab on my 1-ton. I think it will definatly stand out.
  7. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, very original. It won't be easy for people to forget your name. Sounds like you have some good ideas for decals on your trucks. Good Luck:drinkup:
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the logo. The only downside is that you'll lose your name recognition. If you've been servicing the same neighborhoods for years and many have seen your company around, they may wonder what happened.
    You may want to change your answering machine for at least 6-9 months "Thank you for calling Green Zebra...... formerly Precision...." also you may wish to mention same owner & same quality work!!;)

Good luck

9. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Very original...kudos to you
    Your other name was good too...but you'll definitely stand out much more with this name without anyone coming close to a name that resembles it.

10. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool!