1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

name change..what do you guys think

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i was originally going to call my lco "J.M. Lawn & Landscape" but finally figured to name it something else because there is a "J&M Landscaping" that advertises in the same news paper and area...i didnt want ppl thinking were the same company and everything

so i came up with this (with a lot of help from my girlfriend)

"Clear-Cut Lawn & Landscape"

if you look up the synonyms for 'precise' on microsoft word Clear-cut is one of them.

so what do you think

here is a logo i came up with for it too

edit: and no one else has it in jersey..i already checked

2. greenerman

greenerman LawnSite Member

Good name, nice clean art work. Hope it doesn't offend any tree huggers though.
  3. Clear-Cut

haha...if it offends them it dont bother me lol

thanks for the compliments too
  4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Do you want to focus on Lawn Maintenance? The reason I ask is because if you want to focus on lets say Hardscaping or Tree Service for some stupid reason customers think all you do is cut grass. I do not agree with this but thats what most customers think. Just my opinion. I do like the logo....
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

make sure and check with the state and see if a business is already registured under that name....
  6. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

like the name and art work hope it gets you some accounts
  7. Clear-Cut

yea im not going to be going into any heavy hardscaping yet..just weekly maint. and some planting...when the time comes to take the next step up to doing hardscaping ill figure something out
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well,....someone has done it again. Once in a while, someone comes up with a name, logo, catchphrase, or graphics that are well suited and hit the nail on the head. I'm not exactly sure how well thought out this was, or how much planning went into this, but it doesn't really matter. It is just well done. A nice logo to think about would be along the lines of saying something like. "For a Clear difference, make the Clear choice."
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the name and design, The green outline makes the name stand out. I did the same thing with my Business name. I have green lettering with yellow outline, you can read my trailers and trucks from miles away.
  10. Clear-Cut

thank you very much! we actually came up with this first try haha..but then we tried to find something better but we like this one the best..with the logo i was just screwing around with it and when i finished this one i was like..holy cr*p..i like it lol

that slogan is awesome...would you mind if i used it?

yea at first i had it all black but when i tried it with the outline i fell in love with it..im really happy with this stuff

thanks a lot guys